Friday 6 April 2012

21st Spa Day


For my 21st Birthday my mom organised a Spa day for me and herself, we went to Fairview Lawn Spa and it was absolutley amazing. 
The room was so big and comfy, now I'm one of those people that always check out the bathroom in a hotel to see how glam it is and I must say these did not dissapoint, waterfall style shower, black tiled floors and complimentary toiletries you just cannot complain about that.
Robes and slippers were complimentary so we slipped into swimming costumes and spent the next 24 hours in a robe and slippers, it was bliss.

We were booked in for a dry floatation and a mud chamber experience. 
On the first day we did the mud chamber experience, we were put in a black mosiac room with colour changing lights and had little tubs of mud that we had to run into different places, grey mud for face, black mud for arms and so on until we were completly covered in mud. 
After that steam was used so the mud would penetrate deeper and faster we sat in there for 40 minutes until a light mist came down and washed it all off. 

We then spent the day relaxing by the pool, sunbathing and trying out the various steam rooms. 

Evening meal was a 4 course with bread, starters, main and desert. 
My mom had told them it was my birthday so there was balloons and the chef gave us a complimentry apple foam and raspberry jelly, it was so strange yet really refreshing. 
I had the goats cheese, steak and then cheese board, my mom had duck parfait, steak and a souffle I think? 

After that it was time for a lie down so me and my ate chocolate in bed and watched anchor man. 

In the morning I was sitting in the room reading when I heard a knock at the door, so I opened it to see 2 girls standing there with breakfast, baloons and presents, some how my mom had managed to sneak my birthday presents in and give them to reception without me knowing. 
So we had breakfast in bed (rise krispies, toast jam and tea) and I opened my presents which included a camera and money box. 

Before we knew it, it was time for our dry floatation, we were laid on 2 beds wrapped in sheets and had eye masks placed on our faces, the woman then set up the beds and left what happened next was so peculiar the bed started inflating with water and then proceeded to vibrate on and off for 30 minutes I dropped off and before I knew it the woman was back waking us up and telling us it was over, I can't believe how relaxing it actually was. 

We proceeded to do EVEN MORE relaxing in the steam rooms I went for a swim and we sat in the sun till it was time to go home. 

The whole day/night was even better than I could have imagined and I must have thanked my mom a million times over because she put so much thought and effort into the whole thing. 
Think maybe next year it's my turn to treat her!!



No comments:

Post a Comment