Friday 10 May 2013

Channel the Chanel




So last week I spent far too much money and went to Birmingham Bullring with my mom and sister and as usual our trip consisted of  a browse through Selfridge's beauty hall I went with the intention of getting some MAC foundation as I already had their Studio Fix and I wanted something a little lighter. However the woman who matched me up was in my opinion the worlds worst make up artist, she did not match my skin correctly, she rushed through application, did not blend it in properly and did not listen to what I wanted. The whole experience made me feel very nervous, up tight and definitely not willing to spend my hard earned cash on a shoddy experience. I just felt really let down as I have always had a good experience from them but regardless it led to my discovery of Chanel's Perfection Lumiere. I'd obviously heard of this particular foundation but loyally stuck by my MAC however change is good and I was stuck in a rut so I went to the Chanel Counter and was served by the loveliest woman who's name I believe to be Mary. She put me at ease and really prepped and primed my skin for the foundation and matched me up beautifully (beige rose FYI). The foundation itself is beautifully, light and just the right amount of coverage I needed and asked for and with 8 hour wear it's perfect for an evening at work. 
I was very very impressed and was willing to pay the price tag for it. Which goes to show just how far amazing customer service gets you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment