Friday 1 August 2014

Bare eyes and lips: Dior bb creme



I love love love getting wee little samples in high end magazines and yet I always seem to leave them in a pile and then throw them out so when this sample was in Elle I believe it to be I thought no! I'm going to try this out right now and see what I think.
Now obviously with these samples it's not going to be the right colour for your skin-tone, this one for me was a little dark to the point where when my boyfriend got home he exclaimed,
 "you put bloody tan on your face", but that is another story. 

The texture of the cream was quite liquidy (I know that's not a word but it feels right) I'm used to BB Creams being a little firmer in consistency this is the same sort of texture as YSL touche eclat foundation, which immediately had me thinking wow this is going to go on fantastically. 
However I digress, the application was a little messy I warmed it up between my fingers and patted it on then buffed in using the real techniques buffing brush, but like I said it seemed messy and didn't seem to go on well at all. 

It left a shiny dew to my face which I normally like but this seemed too shiny as you can see in the top right hand photo. 
The coverage however I felt was quite good in terms of going over and covering certain flaws and leaving a flawless base, I would describe it as a medium coverage. 
The finished look is the cream with a powder over the top as I didn't want to leave the house looking shiny especially in the weather we have been having. 

Overall I would say this cream is great for those with dry skin looking for a dewy glow but for girls like me with already quite oily skin I would steer clear.

Has anyone else tried this product?
If so what are your thoughts? 
Did you have a better time with it than me?

No comments:

Post a Comment